1trikeman
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Line input to sound board

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite m9040n pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am having trouble having my line in, or microphone input to stay on settings. It will go to new setting and after a short time it will go to no level, mute.  I do hit apply and ok after settings but it seems new settings will not stay applied   Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,943 2,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @1trikeman,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the audio on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Here are a few things you could attempt:

By default, Windows 7 automatically enables microphones and line-in ports. Use the following steps to set the microphone/line-in port to be the default port and to configure the recording levels:

1. If the Recording tab in the sound window is not selected, open the Sound window and click the Recording tab using the instructions in Step 1.

NOTE:

Your desktop or notebook PC configuration may include different components than shown here.

Figure: Example desktop PC with a Realtek onboard audio hardware configuration)

1. Microphone port - 

working and set as Default

1. Line In - Working
  2. Digital In (S/PDIF port) - Working
  3. Stereo Mix (Software mixer) - 

Disabled

1. If multiple microphones or line-in ports are available, select the port that you want to use. Click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device.
  2. If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name and select Enable.
  3. With the device selected, click Properties, and then click the Levels tab.

Figure : Microphone Properties: Levels tab

1. Adjust the slider to 75.
  2. If Mute is on, click the mute button to un-mate the device. The mute button should show a blue speaker without a red circle.
  3. If Microphone Boost is available, adjust to +20.0 dB.
  4. Click OK to make the changes.
  5. Test the microphone using the instructions in Step 1 to determine if Windows is able to detect a signal for the microphone or line-in being used. If you have performed all the steps and the microphone or source device still does not work, the audio ports or sound hardware on the computer might be bad.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
1trikeman
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, but it looks like I have a line in and microphone input board trouble, I did try all repairs you recommened but still the settings will not stay active. It does set for a few minutes, but always go to muted condition.   THANKS for your help though.   1trikeman

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,943 2,571
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @1trikeman,

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from device manager and install it from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation