Did you mean: 
Lue2017
Level 2
16 11 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No audio output device is installed after windows update

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 27-k150xt TouchSmart All-in-One CTO Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the Windows 10 April update 1803 the audio disappeared. No audio output device is installed. Can I get a link to reinstall the audio output? Uninstalling the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and restarting the computer did not fix it. The rollback driver is greyed out. Updating driver got a message from windows that said it encountered an error while trying to install. Also stated a device attached to the computer is not functioning and should contact the manufacturer.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Let me add that it came with Windows 8.1 64 bit and we did the free upgrade to Windows 10

1 REPLY 1
Lue2017
Author
Level 2
16 11 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, when this April Microsoft update was installed (for us) in May, I tried the link I received from the forum to reinstall the IDT software. It said it was no longer compatible. Then I went to Microsoft forum to see what they could do. I could do a lot of stuff to 'go back' which, for many reasons, I was reluctant to do. We've been without sound on the desktop. A couple days ago Windows had more updates for this 1803. Which are installed. I thought that would fix the sound it didn't. So I posted here.

I re-read my previous question from September. I tried the link for the IDT driver again and today it worked!! We have sound again. Thanks, again, to  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation