JATMorris
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Omen 30L won't play short sound files

HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was disappointed when I installed a solitaire game I had written some time ago into my new Omen 30L and it wouldn't play the "card click" sound that plays perfectly well on all my other computers. The file has a play length of about 20 milliseconds and when I string several of them together in an audio editing program (Audacity) it starts to play -- intermittently when I get to a total length of 0.1 seconds, more consistently beyond that. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there a known solution? I've already tried using headphones, the Windows Audio Troubleshooter, checking that I have the most recent audio driver, and the things suggested by HP's Virtual Agent to no avail.

Edit: Today I tried the HDMI output with a HDMI to VGA adapter with a sound output jack. The short files play properly with this setup but I'm still wondering why the Realtek audio output from the motherboard won't. I don't want to be forced to use HDMI all of the time.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation