TONY178
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Sound does not work

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2290ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My sound does not work. I have done all the test requested of me yet it still does not work.

It looks like this computer does not have a separate sound card, instead it seems that the sound card is integrated onto the Motherboard.

If that is so, am I able to purchase a compatible sound card that inserts into the motherboard and if so can anyone let me know if and where I can get one.

Many thanks if anyone can help me with this. 

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,503 29,803
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC, resolves the problem.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

0 Kudos
TONY178
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your help.

However that did not do the trick.either.

I suspect that I may have a fought within the computers integrated side card.

The question then seems to be whether its possibly to put in a new sound card on the motherboard?

I anyone those the answer please do let me know. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,503 29,803
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to the parts list for your PC, it comes with the Joshua Intel H61 motherboard.

Here is a picture of the motherboard...

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, H-Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua) | HP® Customer Su...

There are 3 PCIe x1 slots (the short black slots on the bottom left of the picture.

If any of those slots are free, you can install a PCIe x1 sound card.

I just installed this model in a Dell Optiplex 7050 desktop PC running W10 and it works fine.

Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Access...

W10 even installed the drivers automatically.

0 Kudos
TONY178
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rather than go to the cost of purchasing a new sound card I decided to seek advise from a phone call to the HP service.

The person did a great job and the issue was resolved.

Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation