Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1020
Microsoft Windows 11

I have been using Logitech speakers (with sub) for audio output. Now, all of a sudden, sound is only coming out of my monitor (Asus PA287QV). I have no idea why this is happening and could use some help tracking down how to fix this issue. I'm good at following instructions, and have done things to the computer, but in this case, I just don't know what to do. BTW, the speakers' power supply is On. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got the solution. 

Although I had installed the appropriate drivers for the new card and hooked the cables up correctly, I had failed (i.e., just didn't know enough) because I didn't know to follow the following pathway: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Manage audio devices>Playback. In Playback I saw that the monitor was the default sound output. Changed default to RealTek speakers...and all is good now. Only video from monitor and stereo sound from speakers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is also noteworthy: I had just installed a new graphics card (Gigabyte RTX 4060 LP;) and moved the monitor's HDMI cable from it original USB input port on the PC to the new USB port of the RTX. The speakers are "not connected" for sound whereas the monitor is. Going to Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Manage audio devices>Sound>Playback, one can see that sound output is through the monitor, but looking at the speaker icon next to Speakers (Realtek[R] Audio, Disabled) one can see that it is not on (has a black down arrow.) The monitor's icon has a green check (PA278QV, Nvidia High Definition Audio, Default device) showing it is On. Have no idea what I have to do to get sound out of the speakers.

HP Recommended

Got the solution. 

Although I had installed the appropriate drivers for the new card and hooked the cables up correctly, I had failed (i.e., just didn't know enough) because I didn't know to follow the following pathway: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Manage audio devices>Playback. In Playback I saw that the monitor was the default sound output. Changed default to RealTek speakers...and all is good now. Only video from monitor and stereo sound from speakers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.