aaajani
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to use audio in from an external microphone

HP Recommended
Envy 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have never used the headphone jack to the left of this all-in-one. I would like a way to input audio and hear it on my computer's beats audio system. Or use a Windows App to record voice using an external microphone. This should be simple, right? But I am findiing it very hard to seup a microphone. Firstly, I am not sure if the input jack for microphone is the same as the headphone jack! Can you please help me to setup external microphone. I have tried but it says the IDT High Definition Audio is not availale for microphone. Also, when I run trouble shooter for microphone setup it says the microphone is not plugged in. Actually it is plugged in. Can you please help.

1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @aaajani,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you need assistance in using an external microphone with your Envy 27 all-in-one computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Does your computer have an individual port for headphones and microphone or a combo port?

Have you tried the built-in microphone next to the webcam?

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in resolving microphone issues. 

Make sure the external microphone is set as the default recording device as suggested in "Checking the sound settings" section of the article. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation