Did you mean: 
leoY
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

code 10 on windows 7 no sound

HP Recommended
hp pavillion slimline s5213w

i cant seem to get any sound from my computer. I tried re-installing the driver from HP support and still no sound. just a code 10 error messgae.

Ive already checked all connections. also tried the speaker on the monitor and nothing. I also tried other speakers and still nothing.

I belive my computer has a built in sound card into the mother board, whatever that means. I'm lost in this.

please help. :robotsad:

3 REPLIES 3
truezone
Level 3
26 26 1 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi leoY

I manage such issues like your everyday and that is a reallly bad issue for everyone it feels like you have no pc without a sound so what i can help you

1 . Remove all your programs that contains automatic drivers installing
2.Go to 》My Computer (second mouse click) 》 manage 》 drivers 》 uninstall sound drivers
3. Search at google for your model number drivers and you will reach at hp site drivers for your model , find the latest sound drivers for your model and download , (open the file in administrator mode ) and install it after that restart your computer .

If this method helps you ill be awaiting your response if not ill be there for other methods .
leoY
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i uninstalled programs that have drivers or at least the ones i could find. then i unistalled the sound driver. Then ireinstalled a driver from hp support but then Im not sure if i did it the right way.

to install i go into mange divices, right? go to sound/speakers ect. it shows its installed but still no sound.

0 Kudos
truezone
Level 3
26 26 1 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Before installing the new driver file you got from HP site , you had to go to manage devices 》 sound/speakers uninstall updates or devices and then install the new driver
Restart your computer if this doesnt work properly then use this

Go to google ans search for AudioESP " SoundMAX integrated Digital Audio" drivers download and download them that should work if none of these work

Install teamviewer on your pc and leave me an email contact so i can join you and fix it for you i will be glad to help you .

👍
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation