Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently bought a hp z2 mini g9 workstation, Had speakers that I used before on another PC , Had no issues, I plug them in via heaphones connection and there's popping. Has anyone had this isssue??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is to add to the issue brought about from the OP. 

i woundered if anyone else had solved this problem.  This is a problem in Windows 10 as well.

This occurs when using actualy speakers and with headphones seems ok.

Driver 6.0.9394.1 Rev A was downloaded and installed and the popping is quite evident.

There is a hack we tried which "works" but is far from ideal.

Hack 1

1. Go to Control Panel  > Programs  and Features > and uninstall the Realtek Audio Driver Software there

2. Reboot - the audio device that shows up should be a "High Definition Audio Device"

This seems to work well with no popping.

Hack 2.

1. Download from Realtek, driver 6.0.9456.1

2. Goi to "device Manager"

3. On the top of Device Manager, find Audio Devices, there should be 1 or 2 there. right click and click "uninstall" - do not refresh device manager. 

4. install the driver from no 1.  It will "uninstall" first, then prompt you to reboot and reinstall on boot. It fails but you have the same state of the "High Definition Audio Device"  being the device in "sound" in control panel and working audio without poppiing

Obiviously this is a hack to get it to work without popping and is using the windows drivers as opposed to realtek.

It would be good for an HP engineer to see this and test the audio  popping using an amp and speakers and not headphones.

Would like to see if anyone from the community solved this with HP.

HP Recommended

I have tried all of this and none of it works for me. The popping is driving me crazy! Please help before I lose my mind!

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for info. I think I'll give this a try. The weird thing about it is. When there is constient sound like music or people talking on podcast there is no popping. But really it shouldn't be an issue. 

HP Recommended

I found a way to force Google Chrome to stop using Efficiency Mode and the popping went away. It seems to be related to this new 'feature' Microsoft shoved down our throat and will not allow us to turn off system wide. I only hear the popping now is when Edge kicks on and does something with Efficiency Mode turned on. I wish I could uninstall that program as well...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-performance/how-do-i-disable-efficiency...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.