Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Used PC for one day and then at night did the suggested windows 10 update. Now it turns on with all LED's working and goes to OMEN logo at boot. It stays like this and never gives error messages or opens the operating system. Please help tried the windows key + B and windows key + V at boot and it doesnt open any other recovery options.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Follow the guide here to do a System Recovery:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Follow the guide here to do a System Recovery:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Power-off the computer.

Power-on the computer, and immediately start tapping the ESC key.

Does the "logo" vanish, to be replaced by white text over a black background?

What text, if any, is on the screen?

HP Recommended

So by doing the system recovery option with F11 I was able to open the blue menu options then by disk checking the windows partition and recovery partition it seemed to fix the problem for the one boot up. The next day the same thing happens again and I can only boot until I hit reboot from this blue menu.  (I didn't actually have to restore the PC at all just enter the blue menu then reboot) Is there a quick fix to this problem or should i just go ahead and recover it? I bought this PC as a A+ rated zero wear refurb. Thanks for your previous answer it was very helpful

HP Recommended

@JackAlchemist wrote:

I bought this PC as a A+ rated zero wear refurb.

So, if you really have had the PC for only one day, you should exercise the warranty, to get it repaired/replaced.

The disk-drive is suspect -- it seems to take a couple of "kicks" to get it to boot.  Not acceptable.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.