Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aftereach update, I get a hard disk error advising to run diagnostics. Every diagnostic returns neg

HP Envy 750-537cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Each reboot results in"error on hard disk- run diagnostics"  Every test has negative results.  Why is this messagemrecurring?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aftereach update, I get a hard disk error advising to run diagnostics. Every diagnostic returns neg

Hi @RGiuse

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that the Hard disk Test failed.

I would request you to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hard disk does NOT fail. After exiting diagnostics the pc boots perfectly.  Next time pc is turned on or rebooted after updates, the error appears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RGiuse

This seems to be a warning that the Hard drive will fail in near future even though it is currently still working. I suggest you backup your Data and you perform a System Recovery. 

- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

If the System Recovery fails, please contact our Phone Support

Keep me posted.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Button

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> The hard disk does NOT fail.

Not yet.  :Wink:

How old is it?  Most disk-drives come with a 1 year warranty -- some come with a 2 year warranty.

Three possibilities:

* your disk-drive is in perfect condition.

* your disk-drive is in "imminent failure" status.

* your disk-drive is 100% "dead".

Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run SPECCY.

Expand the "storage" section.

Expand the "SMART" section.

View the detailed statistics about the "health" of your disk-drive, and show us the results.

Look for any "warn" or "fail" messages.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

for what 'SMART' does.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> This seems to be a warning that the Hard drive will fail in near future even though it is currently still working.

Agree.

> I suggest you backup your Data

Definitely agree.

> and you perform a System Recovery. 

Definitely disagree -- trying to do a large amount of Input/Output onto a "suspect" disk-drive will probably fail, may "kill" your disk-drive, and definitely will waste your time.

It's time to purchase a new disk-drive. While there still is some remaining "life" in the disk-drive, use "disk-cloning" software to make an exact copy of the disk-drive, onto the new disk-drive.  Then, boot from that new device.  All your files & all your programs will be available -- no need to reinstall anything.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation