Did you mean: 
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Power-on not working

HP EliteDesk 8200

I want to power on computer at certain time of the day. Inabed BIOS Power-on feature for certain day and time of the week but the computer does not wake up as scheduled.

BIOS ver. is 2.29 (latest one).

"S5 Maximum Power Savings" is disabled in BIOS.

Is there a BIOS bug?

Please help.

Regards,

Mitja

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power LED Indications:

No light -- System dead.

Press and hold power button for less than 4 seconds.

If HD LED turns green, then check voltage select switch setting or expansion cards.

If no LED light, then check power button/power supply cables to system board or system board.

-------------

and, about the RTC ("Real Time Clock") ...

A lithium 3-VDC battery is used for maintaining the RTC and configuration memory while the system is powered down.

During system operation a wire-Ored circuit allows the RTC and configuration memory to draw power from the power supply.

The battery is located in a battery holder (XBT1) on the system board and has a life expectancy of three or more years.

When the battery has expired, it is replaced with a CR2032 or equivalent 3-VDC lithium battery. 

---------------

So, is the motherboard battery in good condition ?

Does the motherboard clock have the correct date/time ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mdklassen,

Thank you for hint.

I checked BIOS time. It was ok.

Then I checked lithium batery and indeed, the power was very low.

I changed the lithium battery.

Set the BIOS date.

But to my unfortune, the BIOS Power-on still does not work. I even waited till next day. But still nothing (I set power on to turn the computer on every day).

Any other idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does it "power-up" at the programmed date/time, but then fail to boot into Windows?

Some versions of Windows will shut down the computer after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Use the Windows "Event Viewer" to view all the events from when you powered it off, until you return to the computer, the next day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer does not “power-up” at all at the programmed date/time.

I tested with different times and waited, but nothing.

Tried with 4 different computers (same model and BIOS version), but there is the same issue with all of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have HP 8100 & 8200 Elite small form factors and they too are not powering on automatically via bios power on schedule.  

Clock time checked.

Schedule every day to come on at the same time

battery ok

Verified over several computers and they will not turn on at the scheduled time.  

Hoping to refresh the thread in case someone find something.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation