Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS doesn't recognize second Hdd with W7

Omen desktop HP870-195a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 won't register FSX  - so, I had to put it on W7 on another drive. I installed the second drive on my new W10  64 bit pc but all I get in the BIOS is - No Operating System found. Thus, I can't set a boot priority. What have I missed out ??

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers,

Freddie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The OMEN was delivered with W10 in UEFI mode and W7 requires legacy mode.   You might try booting the original W10 configuration in legacy mode and see if the OMEN boots up. When set to legacy mode, you will need to change the boot order in the BIOS.  This might allow you to get W7 to boot up.

If successful, then remove FSX and reinstall it using the latest version available from MS. Possible FSX errors are posted by MS. If you can't get FSX to run properly under W10 then I suggest that you contact MS and ask how to make it work.

The other major issue I see is that the Omen 870-195na was never certified by MS for W7.  You will probably need to locate drivers to get W7 to run properly.

The one thing that you don't want to do is install W7 when W10 is already installed on a boot device.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Big D, now I see what the problem is. I'll have a go at the fix tomorrow & report back here with the results.
Cheers,
Freddie
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation