2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS error - no POST

DeskPro 400 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

came into work this morning and one of our deskpros will not boot, it comes up with the following BIOS error lights:

2 long red blinks followed by 2 short white blinks

According to this article: BIOS LEDs is has an issue with the bios, the article states this to fix:

BIOS  2.2
The main area (DXE) of BIOS has become corrupted and there is no recovery binary image available. Also happens when updating BIOS.

Typically no steps needed.
  1. Allow the system to complete its updates and changes.
  2. If updates are stalling, attempt Sure Start Recovery.

Obviously I can't get the machine to POST or do anything. I've tried doing the BIOS recovery (hold down Windows key + B) whilst holding power button for 2-3 seconds but nothing happens.

I have removed the CMOS battery for 5 mins, reset using the CMOS yellow button, disconnected all cables/devices/ram etc.

Machine ID is: T4R72ET#ABU

Any tips or guides for me to follow before I place this in the bin,

cheers

BT

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS error - no POST

I can find a replacement logic board online, if I swap the board out how will this work with the Win 10 license key that it retrieves from the bios?

Will I be able to swap the logic board and carry on with the original OS or will I need to re install and use the new Win 10 key on the new bios?

And, I'm assuming all of these logic boards have the win 10 key in the BIOS nowdays?

cheers

BT

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation