Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading BIOS to version 2.29 (before it was 2.14 or so) I encountered that Windows 10 (64 bit) takes very long to restart the computer. Disk and fans are switched off quite quickly after isuing Windows restart,  but computer itself takes another minute to restart.

This does not hapen if i restart eg. Linux OS. Even after BIOS upgrade Linux restarts in normal time.

There must have been something changed in some version of BIOS up to 2.29 that causes very long computer reboot time if using Windows 10. I do not know how Win 7 restart behaves under BIOS v. 2.29. When upgradet to Win 10 I also upgraded BIOS.

And unfortunately I can not downgrade BIOS!

Please help.

Regards,

Mitja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a way to fix it if you don't use Bitlocker.

Go into the BIOS>Security Menu>Device Security and hide the Embedded Security Device.

You now join the ranks of all these other folks that made the same mistake...I read this discussion before I attempted to update the BIOS, and I am glad I did.  I left mine at v2.28 and it works just fine on W10.  No delay in restarting.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Eli...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a way to fix it if you don't use Bitlocker.

Go into the BIOS>Security Menu>Device Security and hide the Embedded Security Device.

You now join the ranks of all these other folks that made the same mistake...I read this discussion before I attempted to update the BIOS, and I am glad I did.  I left mine at v2.28 and it works just fine on W10.  No delay in restarting.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Eli...

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thank you very much for workaround. Fortunately I don't use Bitlocker 😉

Although BIOS fix would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, since I don't work for or represent HP, I have no idea if they will ever release another BIOS update to fix that issue.

However, I doubt they will since HP does not support our model for W10, and this issue has been around for a long time now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.