Level 2
22 12 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update flash failing

8000 Elite CMT
Other

I downloaded BIOS version 1.14 for my HP 8000 Elite CMT.  The DOS program for flashing seemed to run, with some long pauses, but at the very end declares the code corrupted and reverts back to the old version (1.03). 

Next I tried burning just the .BIN file to a CD and trying to update via the BIOS setup program.  It said the file was missing or corrupted, so no luck there.

I have successfully flashed BIOS updates on a number of dc7900 SFFs by burning the .ISO to a CD and booting from it, however the BIOS update service pack for the 8000 has no .ISO.

After 11 BIOS revisions, I'm guessing there are some important changes, especially for CPU and memory upgrades, perhaps for later versions of Windows too, so I want to do the reflash.  Can anyone steer me to a more productive method?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update flash failing

Hi

I am gonna say NO.

HP have prepared rather lengthy documents,
and there are videos to watch, to cover, seemingly, all BIOS eventualities.

BIOS Problems DESKtops.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

BIOS CheckSum error
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01368145

But something in the above links may help a seasoned veteran like yourself.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation