09-17-2018 08:52 PM
I Need to reset my desktop hp p6-2301a BIOS back to factory default. Unsure how to do this using jumpers. I have updated my bios using Win10 as Bios was compatible for Win 8 for the same system. but i am getting 6 beep at the start and OS and BIOS not loading as well. Defult Bios_Recovery Jumper is like
: : . : default jumper is on the right side 2 pins, Anybody know where i can put the jumper for BIOS restore or any other procedure please.
09-19-2018 03:03 AM
1. I Need to reset my desktop hp p6-2301a BIOS back to factory default.
2. Unsure how to do this using jumpers.
3. I have updated my bios using Win10 as Bios was compatible for Win 8 for the same system.
4. but i am getting 6 beep at the start
1. Enter BIOS SETUP mode. There should be an option to "Load BIOS Defaults".
2. OK. Access: http://support.hp.com and do a search on your model-number with the word "downloads".
One of the results should be to download the User Guide or Hardware Repair manual, which might describe the procedure.
3. Most HP updates to the BIOS are not "un-doable" -- once installed, you cannot install an older BIOS.
to try to match your pattern of "beeps" to those listed.
09-19-2018 07:09 AM - edited 09-19-2018 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum.
I am not a HP employee.
HP Support states (link) that six beeps indicates the following error:
BIOS Authentication Error
Restore BIOS if Available.
Depress the Windows key +B key (link to HP Document) to attempt a BIOS Recovery or replace the system board.
You can try clearing CMOS. I don't believe it will help as the BIOS is probably corrupted.
Clearing CMOS Instructions:
You could also pull the CR2032 MB battery. Wait about ten minutes. Reinstall or replace the MB battery.