1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Reset on P6-2301A

HP P6-2301a Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I Need to reset my desktop hp p6-2301a  BIOS back to factory default. Unsure how to do this using jumpers. I have updated my bios using Win10 as Bios was compatible for Win 8 for the same system. but i am getting 6 beep at the start and OS and BIOS not loading as well.   Defult Bios_Recovery Jumper is like   

: : . :  default jumper is on the right side 2 pins, Anybody know where i can put the jumper for BIOS restore or any other procedure please. 

Thanks you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Reset on P6-2301A

@Fas33 wrote:

1. I Need to reset my desktop hp p6-2301a  BIOS back to factory default.

2. Unsure how to do this using jumpers.

3. I have updated my bios using Win10 as Bios was compatible for Win 8 for the same system.

4. but i am getting 6 beep at the start 

1. Enter BIOS SETUP mode.  There should be an option to "Load BIOS Defaults".

2. OK.  Access: http://support.hp.com  and do a search on your model-number with the word "downloads".

One of the results should be to download the User Guide or Hardware Repair manual, which might describe the procedure.

3. Most HP updates to the BIOS are not "un-doable" -- once installed, you cannot install an older BIOS.

4. See: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Beep Codes

to try to match your pattern of "beeps" to those listed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Reset on P6-2301A

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP Support states (link) that six beeps indicates the following error:

BIOS

BIOS Authentication Error

Solution:

Restore BIOS if Available.

Depress the Windows key +B key (link to HP Document) to attempt a BIOS Recovery or replace the system board.

You can try clearing CMOS. I don't believe it will help as the BIOS is probably corrupted.

Clearing CMOS Instructions:

Clear CMOS.PNG

You could also pull the CR2032 MB battery. Wait about ten minutes. Reinstall or replace the MB battery.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation