Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

HP Pavilion 23-p200 all-in-one

Getting message: Boot device not found.

Press F2 for system diagnostics and go through these - all passed including hard drive check but ultimately get following message;

ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,522 22,177 2,561 8,612
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

@Cath26, welcome to the forum.

The message that you are receiving is telling you that the hard drive has failed or has another problem.  Here is a guide to help you test it.  If the drive has failed your only option is to replace it with another drive the same size or larger.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

Hi

Failure is a possibility, also the no boot found can a software cause.

So you have judgement call.

Buy a new HDD and or create a boot media.

My view is the minimum is download and make the Microsoft repair/install iso if you can, because it may fix your existing one, and if not could install on any disk you buy.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation