1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Boot device not found

HP Recommended
HP all in one 22c0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there,

I brought this computer two weeks ago and when and now it won't let me into the system. It's keeps stating invalid signature and boot device not found.

I've attempted all the fixes I.e bios and system checks etc and all appears fine. Once restarted it keep saying please install an operating system.

Please help or shall I return to the store as only 2 weeks old?

Kind regards,

Cia

1 REPLY 1
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 662
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cia3

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you to find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Was any hardware or software changes made in the notebook?

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c01684768 and perform a power reset on the computer.

Let's try to Restore BIOS default settings

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer and check if it works

Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics enables you to test the main components on your computer by selecting quick tests or longer, more complete tests. You can use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows.

There are six hard drive tests. If you think there is a problem with the hard drive, first try the Quick Test ( 2 to 3 minutes). If the Quick Test does not find a problem, run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more) which also has a Loop Until Error option.

NOTE:

If the test cannot run and the Hard Disk Does Not Exist message is displayed, contact HP Customer Support for assistance.

Follow these steps to test the hard drive:

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.

Component Tests: Hard Drive

6. Click Quick Test.

Selecting the Hard Drive Quick Test

7. Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives.

The Quick Test begins.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

8. The Hard Drive Quick Test begins. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

9. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but there is still a problem with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run these tests individually, select them from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

If the hard drive fails one of the tests, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463 and follow the steps from Step 4: Reseat the hard drive.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation