Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot stopping at splash screen

HP Elite 7300 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have followed the virtual assistant to reset the BIOS but stiil the same, no changes to the system, just stopped working.

The PC was win 7 but updated more than 2 years ago to Win 10.

Does not accept Esc, F1, F10 after switch on or Windows key + V or Windows key + B during start up.  I have tied the jumper to reset the BIOS and everthing else suggested.

Will I have to change the motherboard? if yes any idea what number I need to search for.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happens if you power-off the computer, disconnect the AC power, remove the side-panel to expose the disk-drive, and disconnect both the "data" and "power" cables from the disk-drive, and then reconnect the AC power, and power-on, and then immediately start tapping the ESC key?

Do you get any sort of "menu" ?  Other details?

> any idea what number I need to search for?

The authoritative source for HP parts is:  http://PartSurfer.HP.com

Enter your product-ID, and do a search.

Hopefully, the listing for your model will NOT show 'N/A' ("Not Available") for the part-number of the motherboard.

But, if it does, access eBay, and do a search on that part-number, to see if there is a seller.

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply, I have disconnected both HDD and the DVD drive, no change.  Still stops at the HP screen with the message "Press Esc for startup menu".  pressing Esc does nothing.

Found the number for the main board but it is not available but I have found one on EBay.

Thanks for your help

John

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation