Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bootloop from factory resetting Windows

So I reset my HP 110 desktop series and 3 options showed up, I clicked continue to windows and it just kept bootlooping, I can't get back to those options but I can use the HP hardware diagnostics, is there a way to get back to those options and fix the bootlooping?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Verifyup

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP 110-000 series Desktop PC. I read that initially there were three options and you selected to boot to Windows normally. But the PC keeps booting in a loop. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the PC after which this issue may have started?
  • What version of Windows are you using?

Since the hardware diagnostic screen is already on the screen, please initiate a hard drive test. 

If the hard drive test fails then please contact our HP phone support team to explore the hardware service options. 

If the hard drive test passes then you may perform a system recovery (reinstall Windows)  depending on the operating system you're using:

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I can't get back to those options but I can use the HP hardware diagnostics ...

This is strange.  If you can power-off / power-on and get to the the screen that offers the HP Diagnostics, can you select to restart the "System Recovery" from "square-one" ?

By "power-off", I mean holding-down the ON/OFF button for 15 seconds, to force the computer to turn off.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation