2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't use the buttons

HP 25es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here's what's wrong with my monitor which is the HP 25ES

First problem was randomly one day it had the blue, red and green screen. Unplugged it and that screen was gone.

Now everytime I plug it in I get the MONITOR STATUS message telling me which inputs its at. EVERYTIME I press any of the buttons from the bottom right of the monitor, screen turns black, shows me the MONITOR STATUS then tells me Input Signal Not Found then another black screen then after that It continues to the normal desktop screen. And no I can't factory reset since everytime I press any buttons that happens. I also can't power off because it does the same thing. I have to unplug it everytime I want to turn it off.  Monitor is plugged in with VGA-DVI cable and I've also tried using HDMI and it's the same thing happens. I need help on how to go by fixing this...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't use the buttons

sound like a hardware problem - like a menu button is sticking or the small PCA board behind the buttons is not sitting correctly in ita place.

If it's in warranty, contact HP and talk to a support rep.'

If itis not in warranty, you can try taking it apart and looking at the little board behind the buttons... or simply replace it with another monitor.

I had a similar problem once where a monitor had fallen and the OSD menu would not go away. Fixed by carefully opening up the case. I found the littel board moved and buttons were stuck in down position.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation