Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Not Booting

Pavilion a6317
Linux

My HP Pavilion a6300 will not turn on and it is the RAM thats keeping it from turning on. I do not know why, but I have to keep taking it apart and take out and put back in the sticks of RAM. Is there any way to fix this and keep from having to take it apart? Could the RAM be corrupted? Also the computer's power light will flash then the pc will reboot after turning it on and I have checked that the ram is secure in place.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Not Booting

> I have to keep taking it apart and take out and put back in the sticks of RAM. 

This definitely is not normal.

You could be "flexing" the motherboard, as you remove/install the sticks of RAM.

When you do, some "intermittent" connection inside the motherboard connects, and the computer works, for a while.

Then, if the motherboard heats up, that connection "opens-up", and the computer "crashes".

You might need to replace the motherboard.

Can you test the RAM in some other computer?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation