Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (224 Views)

Computer Restarts As Windows Loading screen or Desktop Apperas

Product Name: HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. I have HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT with Core 2 Duo processor, 8 GB RAM and 250 GB SATA HDD.

I am having a problem with my desktop.

When I boot my computer, it restarts as Windows loading screen appears or sometimes it shows desktop for 2 t0 5 minutes and it reboots.

I also tried:

- Safe Mode (in which computer is running well) but gives same problem after rebooting.

- Launch Startup Repair (not worked for me because PC reboots)

- Fresh OS installation (also not worked for me because PC reboots as Windows loading screen apperas).

- Removed RAMs one by one but problem is still existing.

Somebody kindly tell me what should I have to do else ?? Because now this problem is suckung.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: Computer Restarts As Windows Loading screen or Desktop Apperas

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Can you enter the BIOS (Setup) before a reboot occurs?

Did you try each stick of RAM individually in each memory slot?

It would appear you have a hardware problem as you can't boot to safe mode, or do a repair, or perform a clean install.

Are you launching startup repair from the HDD or a Windows installation disc?

Visually check the motherboard and graphics card for thermal damage or bulging, leaky capacitors.

You're not getting any POST error codes so that is perplexing.

You might want to take a look at the power supply. You would have to install a known good power supply to troubleshoot.

Boot the system and visually verify all fans spin up.   

Disconnect all peripherals except the mouse and keyboard. Then boot the system and see what happens.

I think you need to have a local tech take a look. Or contact HP if you are in warranty. This type of problem requires time, patience, and known good spare components to find the point of failure.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation