2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Waes but doesn't turn on display

HP All-In-One 23-q103a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

We have a HP All-In-One 23-q103a desktop PC running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. This computer has had an issue lately where it will go to sleep, as set by the power plan, but when you attempt to resume, it does not turn on the display again. 

The computer does wake up, as the power light on the front stops flashing and goes solid like during normal use and it makes noises like the HDD running, but the display remains completely black. This happens from either mouse click or keyboard tap, it doesn't matter which. 

The only way to rectify the issue is with a manual restart. 

I have had to reset the power plan to stay on all the time without going to sleep as the operator of this PC is finding this very frustrating to cope with, but as we move into the Summer months in Australia, I don't want to leave this like this for risk of the computer overheating being awake all day. 

I have done all the updates through HP Assistant and through Windows 10 update. I have turned off hybrid sleep. I have updated the BIOS to current. What else can I do? 

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,108 41,360 4,515 11,830
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer Waes but doesn't turn on display

Unfortunately, the cause is likely to be an operating system issue. Many other people have had similar issues since the advent and forced update of  Windows 10 Creators edition. 

There really isn't anything that can be done that what you already have done. You can check in the Microsoft Answers community forums to see what others have tried.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation