Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer powers on but no display, mouse or keyboard

HP Pavilion p6110y PC
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I recently opened up my Pavilion p6110y to clean out the dust. I removed the processor fan, the processor, and the RAM (keeping careful track of how they went back in) to clean them. After I put everything back together and hooked the computer back up and powered it on, the green light lit up normally, all the fans kicked on, and there were no beeps, but the display would not turn on and neither would the mouse.

I read a few other forum posts with similar issues and followed the advice given, removing and replacing the RAM as well as the processor and clock battery, unplugging and replugging each wire inside the PC, trying a different moniter, but nothing seems to help.

This computer is honestly the best one I have ever owned so I was extra careful with cleaning it so I wouldn't mess anything up, so I'm really bummed out about this. Any further advice will be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ALD95

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you opened up your Desktop to clean it and now it's not booting up after you reassembled it

Please ensure that the Hard drive and Memory are properly connected.

If the computer is still not booting up, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. I will contact the support center when I can catch them while their still open.

I just remembered another factor that may have affected my issue...

Shortly before cleaning I accidently blew a breaker from using too much power on the same circuit as the computer. The computer was still off from blowing the breaker before cleaning. Could blowing the breaker have affected anything?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @

Yes using this could have caused a short circuit on the Motherboard. Do contact our Phone Support during working hours and they will be able to assist you.

Thanks. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted"

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation