Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer reboots randomly. Incorrect BIOS version.

Envy 750 140z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer has been randomly rebooting. I have reinstalled Windows 10. I ran hardware diagnostics. No reported problems.

I checked the Events log and see references to Kernel Power issues. So, either the power supply is failing or there is something wrong with my motherboard. But, as I said, HP diagnostics found no issue with the motherboard.

Howwever, I noticed that the BIOS listed in the HP specifications page is A0.14. But the most current version listed in the HP download page for my model (SB52 board) is A0.13. When I attempt to install the BIOS, I get an error that it isn't compatible for my model. How is that possible?

I am going to get the power supply checked out. But I was wondering if anyone else has seen such an issue with the BIOS version being different from what is on the HP software page.

Thank you kindly for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer reboots randomly. Incorrect BIOS version.

Hi,

I don't see BIOS A0.14 posted for the motherboard with SSID 2B52.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation