Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer will not boot up

HP Pavilion 500-200 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My other computer will no boot up.  I was able to run the diagonistic fast test  and it determined that there was an error in the start up sequence.  The error code was U0TAT9-74090F-WPTV61-61C203.  Does any one know what this means.  I am not a computer wizard so I'd appreciate any asistance you could give.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer will not boot up

> I  was able to run the diagnostic fast test  and it determined that there was an error in the start up sequence. 

> The error code was U0TAT9-74090F-WPTV61-61C203. 

Did it identify which component "failed" the test?

My guess is that it was the "short" (only a few minutes) DST -- testing the disk-drive, which "failed".

Much like a bald tire on your automobile, there are levels of "failure".

Driving on bald tires on dry roads in the summertime might work, for a short while.

Driving on pot-holed streets, through snow, on a long trip, is not recommended.

If there is any "life" remaining in your disk-drive, even though you cannot "boot" from it, it may be possible to rescue your Personal Files.  Compare to a book of recipes, with a missing "table-of-contents".  All the recipes are there, but quick access to a specific recipe is not possible.

But, the recommended action is to replace the disk-drive, reinstall Windows, run Windows Update, and then temporarily connect the current disk-drive, to see if you can read anything from it.

If you are reluctant to do this yourself, seek help from a professional computer technician, or a "technophile" friend.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation