Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer won’t boot up , power light comes on for about 5secs then goes off

Pavilion 23 q150

Having trouble starting computer , little blue power light comes on for about 10secs then goes out anyone have any suggestions 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 486 940
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @ROB104

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is not booting to the desktop and the power light comes on for 5 seconds and turns off, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Recommend you connect a USB keyboard to your computer and perform a BIOS recovery. Click here

Check if the issue is resolved, if the issue persists, try the steps suggested in this guided troubleshooter

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any update to report?

Personally, I would never try a "BIOS Recovery" as the *FIRST* step when trouble-shooting.

It is too "invasive" for my liking.

If you power-on your computer, and choose to enter BIOS SETUP, does it power-off "by itself", while you are viewing that "setup" screen?  That's a sign of a power-supply, or motherboard, problem, not a problem with the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation