• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Computer, please help.

HP Pavilion All-in-One

Hello, I'll just make this quick since I need help with this as soon as possible. I was playing a Steam game, specifically Gmod. While playing, the game froze during a load, and so I tried restarting the computer by holding down the power button a few times and turning it back on, but I couldn't get off the game, which took up the entire screen with absolutely no access to any other windows. So after a few attempts at this, I decided to just take the plug out of the wall, and plug it back in. Now here I am, hopelessly trying to turn the computer back on, each attempt in vain. I've unplugged everything and held down the power for about ten seconds, nothing. I've tried thirty seconds with the computer plugged, nothing. I've tried opening the back, absolutely nothing. Pretty aggravating and stressful knowing how expensive this thing was, and the fact that it may be unfixable from here on just because of some darn game. Please, if anyone knows how to help, it would mean a TON. Hope this can be fixed before my family finds out. I'm not too old to be getting butt-whoopings here, though it's been a long while. I digress, PLEASE HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,987 9,983 938 2,734
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to be clear - even after doing what is described, the PC will not start or it starts and goes directly to the game?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before I unplugged it, pressing the power button to restart would only take me back to the frozen game, and I couldn't access any other part of the computer. After I unplugged the computer and put the plug back in, it won't turn on anymore, no matter what I try.

I found out the solution thanks to a video I watched, but to fix this, I'll have to open up the computer and connects some kind of wires and flip switches. At this point, I think we're just going to have to take it to an expert. Thanks for the help though, means a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,987 9,983 938 2,734
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, taking it to someone to be responsible for the work is good.  AIO's are difficult to open and repair for someone not familiar to the skills.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation