Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop will not boot after CCleaner. Can access HP Recover manager, but system restore greyed out.

HP-Pavilion 570-p019na DT PC UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all and thanks in advance for helping me.

I ran CCleaner on my computer and ticked ALL of the options. I know, I am a complete moron and will certainly never be touching that program again.

My computer returned as error (application could not be found) and i couldnt do anything on the computer. Could move mouse and use keyboard, but clicking anything didn't work.

Restarted computer because fortunately ctrl-alt-del worked.

Computer got past the HP spinning circle loading screen, but still gets completely stuck at a similar loaded screen without the HP logo. After about 10 minutes the system turns itself off.

I have managed to access the HP recovery manager, went through all the options there with troubleshooting etc, CHKDISK returned no errors.

I basically went through every option there was. I have also tried hitting F5 and F8 repeatedly when starting it up but it nothing happens there.

Someone please help me!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,493 22,436 2,052 4,900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop will not boot after CCleaner. Can access HP Recover manager, but system restore greyed out.

@alexmt96

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

CCleaner would have no effect on the information embedded into the UEFI firmware of the PC, so you should reboot, hitting he Esc key repeatedly while doing that.

You should eventually get a menu, one of the items will be to do a Recovery of your PC.  IF so, select that and see if the factory reset works.

IF you don't get that menu, or if the reset does not work, then you will need to order HP Recovery Media from this link:  HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive | HP® Customer Support 

When you get the media, if it is a USB stick, insert it into your PC, pressing F9 to get a Boot menu, then select the External USB Hard Drive to boot from it.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power-off the computer. Power-on the computer. 

Launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, and run the tests.

Tell us about any "fail" results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

None of the Hardware components failed during testing.

Also, in reply to another of the replies on here, the "System Recovery" section you refer to is greyed out.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation