Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Desktop won't boot

HP Recommended
HP 580-100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Bought the desktop new only 3 days ago. I have been using it fine for the previous 2 days, yet this morning when I went to boot it up it displays the "no boot device found" I ran system diagnostics and everything says passed. I've tried the f10, apply defaults and exit. It's still showing, and I'm pretty confused as to why this is. Any help would be massively appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 519
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1st Please try a Hard Reset
This is valid for most notebooks, and some desktops.
Press and Hold the PWR off button for 4 seconds to force a PWR off.
Unplug from the wall.
IF you see a battery compartment door, then your computer has a removable battery.

IF NOT then you do not have a removable battery.

Remove any removable battery.
Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the reset.

(Re-insert any battery you removed).

OR

Return it and get a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Bought the desktop new only 3 days ago.

I agree with the Distinguished Professor CF4 -- return/exchange it.

But first, if you are comfortable with "hardware":

* disconnect the AC power.

* remove the side panel, to expose the motherboard.

* touch anywhere on the metal case, to "ground" yourself -- removing any static electricity build-up in your body.

* look for the two cables that connect to the "back" of the CD/DVD drive, to identify their size & shape, but don't touch them.

* look for two identical cables that connect to the disk-drive.

* give those two cables a gentle "pull" away from the disk-drive. Either cable should NOT detach from the disk-drive. If either one does, you have found the problem.

* trace the narrower of the two cables down to the motherboard.

* give that cable a gentle "pull" away from the motherboard. It should NOT detach. If it does, you have found the problem.

IMPORTANT: before you remove that side-panel, look for a small piece of gummy paper, holding that side-panel in place. Breaking/tearing that paper indicates that you have opened-up your computer, which may void the warranty. If you see that "anti-tamper" indicator, STOP. Take NONE of the above diagnostic steps.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation