JohnBob1674
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

During power on USB devices are not functional since BIOS update

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite MT/SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Ever since i applied the BIOS update  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85501-86000/sp85518.exe my

My USB keyboard no longer becomes active till the OS loads, this prevents me from accessing the BIOS.

I have a dual-boot setup with win10 & win7

Secondly, when ever i select "restart" ( in both win7 & win10 ) my computer sits doing nothing for a full 90 seconds atleast.

Even if i force a power off ( hard power off by holding the power button for 4 seconds ) the computer continues with the 90+ second delay.

The really weird thing is, if i power off instead from windows, it takes like 8 seconds to power down.

When i power up, it again takes 8 to 15 seconds and the computer is ready to go.

I can power off / power on probably 3+ times in the same amount of time a "restart" yakes due to the 90+ second delay ???

I'm really debating dropping this HP product and building my own system, which i've done before.

Or if possible, re flash my BIOS with the old version to undo this security update and take my chance's .

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85501-86000/sp85518.html

TITLE: ROM Firmware for 8200 Elite and 6200 Pro Business PCs (J01)

VERSION: 00.02.31 REV: A PASS: 1

DESCRIPTION:  This package provides the HP Business Desktop System BIOS Package for supported models with a J01 BIOS that are running a supported operating system.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after loading this BIOS, older versions cannot be installed.

Please do not shoot the messenger. :Wink:

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation