Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite 8300 usdt doesn't turn on

Elite 8300 usdt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. My Elite 8300 usdt desktop computer is not turning on. But the green LED light on the front face marked as hard disk is on. When I push power button, nothing happens. If I pulled the wall power cord and push it again, fans and hard disk make running noise for just 1or 2 seconds, then stops. Then front green hard disk LED light comes on. And on the mother board, green LED light marked as CR1 is on. I reset CMOS and it didn't help, I was using this computer till yesterday and didn't change anything.elite.jpgcr11.jpgcra.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite 8300 usdt doesn't turn on

> Posted on: ‎07-03-2018 01:08 PM

Since nobody else has responded, I will guess that the computer's motherboard has failed.

The power-supply seems to be working.

How old is the computer? If the original HP Warranty (one year?) is still active, contact HP to open a claim against the warranty.

HP will repair/replace your computer.

Before you ship your computer to HP, physically remove the disk-drive, and connect it as a "secondary" disk-drive in some other computer, and make a copy of all your Personal Files -- because HP will not do so!  Then, reconnect the disk-drive, and ship it.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation