Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working

Pavilon dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion dv7's finger print scanner has stopped working every since I updated my laptop to windows 10. I have the option for fingerprint, but it is grayed out and unable to be selected.

My computer is version 1607if that helps any. I was told by the old owner (my dad) that I needed to install a new driver, but I don't know how.

Thanks,

XMRDSx

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working

@xMRDSx

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7 series laptop. I read that after upgrading the operating system to Win10, the finger print reader is not working. 

The evidence does point that the laptop needs the updated finger print drivers for Win10. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps that should help the finger print reader to start working again:

You may also refer to this HP document to fix fingerprint related issues. Though it offers steps for Win8, they should work for Win10 too. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working

The product  number is LW174UA#ABA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fingerprint not working

@xMRDSx

Thank you for mentioning the laptop model no. 🙂

It is an HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC. 

I checked the HP website for the latest drivers and found that there are no drivers for Win10 available. However, were you able to try the steps from my previous post?

Cheers! 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation