Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Frustrated

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 800-030qe DT(Kaili)PC US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very frustrated.  After buying and using HP for years, I think this is the last one.  First, has power up problems when less that five years old.  (I have a window 95 machine from the 90's that still preforms) .  This is the first unit where I can't find 

1,  A replacement cooler

2.  A manual for the motherboard (which has gone south)

Why is HP so secretive?   I think this is the most expensive pc I've ever bought and it is made with the cheapest parts.  This was custom ordered direct from HP at a premium price.  I sure hope my HP laptop last longer.

I didn't like Dell because they are so proprietary, but at leat they last.

8 REPLIES 8
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,744 6,728 634 1,516
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings tannenba,

I am not an HP employee.

Your PC has an AIO liquid cooling system mounted on the CPU probably using a 92mm radiator and fan. Check the fan dimensions.

I am pretty sure HP uses Asetek as one of it OEM suppliers for this component. Asetek makes some of the components found in Corsair, NZXT, and other retail AIO CPU liquid cooling systems.

You could purchase the 92mm product in the above link, it is the only 92mm option available from Asetek. But it remains to be seen if this product is the correct one for your PC. So make sure you can return the system if the pump does not mount on the MB CPU socket correctly. The radiator and fan will mount correctly if your existing AIO uses a 92mm radiator.

Contact Asetek for pump mounting point dimensions on the above 92mm product. Then compare to the existing HP factory provided AIO.

The Asetek AIO units are manufactured to HP, Dell, and Lenovo specifications.

HP does give motherboard specs for each product at the respective product's HP Support site.

I have HP PCs that are 10 years old and they still work. I have had HP PC's fail prematurely. It's all luck of the draw.

You might also be able to find a replacement AIO CPU cooling system for your specific PC on eBay. Again, you have to be very careful when purchasing used components on eBay.

Regards

0 Kudos
tannenba
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's what I mean..All custom and you can't buy new.  This is the first pc that didn't las 10 or mor yrs.  Did I mention I still have windows 95 , 98 and a Dell with Windows 7 and another dell that dual boots windows 10 and Debian.  That's why this machine is such a disappointment.  I spent a fortune buying cutting edge and it didn't last even 5 yrs.  Poor return on my dollar.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tannenba wrote:

This is the first unit where I can't find 

1,  A replacement cooler

2.  A manual for the motherboard (which has gone south)

See: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, MS-7826 (Kaili)

to answer your second point, since the Other Person did not.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
tannenba
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not a manual with jumper positions, etc.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tannenba wrote:

Not a manual with jumper positions, etc.

See a previous post to this forum for what details that are available.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
tannenba
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Been there done that.  Been working computers for 55 yrs and this one has the least documents and available parts lists of any I've worked on.  I've been thru all of HP's site on this unit and am no satified with it.

0 Kudos
tannenba
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So had to replace the motherboard, but can't find any HP secrets to put my own lic into it.  Why so secret?  So people have to pay big bucks to send it in for them to do it?

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tannenba wrote:

1. This one has the least documents and available parts lists of any I've worked on. 
2. Had to replace the motherboard, but can't find any HP secrets to put my own lic into it. 

1. The documents that are online for your model were produced around 2012. 

Since then, it's my impression that all more-recent models have had much more "technical" details in their posted documents.

2. I'm not sure what you mean.  The new motherboard, if purchased from HP, should have a product-key embedded on the motherboard.  Use that product-key. Otherwise, there is software, running under Windows on the old motherboard, to extract the product-key from the old motherboard. Use that product-key.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation