Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon all -

I'm hoping to find an answer to this as I've read a lot of threads on here already and nothing has helped solve my problem.

Computer: HP Envy 750-170se

Windows 10 x64

500W Powersupply

16 GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM

Intel i7-6700K

Nvidia GTX 980ti GPU

256 GB SSD HD#1

Additional 2TB HDD

About a week ago, my computer just froze up. No blue screen of death, just froze in Windows. It booted back up into Windows afterwards, but then would freeze again. I think I got a virus or something became corrupted w/ the OS.

I jumped online on another device to see what my options were.

I found the HP diagnostics tool and ran that on start-up. Everything came back as passed.

I then decided to just start fresh and format the system and start-over.

I have a 500GB external HD that I've used to create a bootable usb. I've used Rufus to create a bootable usb with this drive from an Windows 10 iso that I downloaded.

I've switched the boot order from secure boot on to secure boot off, to legacy boot on to legacy boot off, etc, any kind of combination does not seem to work. When I have the bootable usb device plugged in, it will just boot into the HP logo & and then the blue Windows logo and then go back and forth.

I've tried making different boot versions with Rufus on my bootable drive. Using GPT and MBR, neither one work. I get the same result of back and forth HP logo and blue Windows logo.

I've pulled out the 256 GB SSD drive (this is the drive that the original OS is on) and then tried booting with the drive completely out of the computer, and I still get the same thing. HP logo to blue Windows logo and then cycling back and forth.

I've downloaded the Windows Media Creation tool and tried to boot from that, same issue. Just cycles from HP logo to blue Windows logo.

I've tried the Bootable Rescue Disk from tenforums.com, same issue, just back and forth from HP logo to blue Windows logo.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CORRUPTMBR Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the computer stuck at the HP logo.

I have a few steps that should help,  

Some HP Notebook PCs come with two sticks of memory and have two memory slots. If you experience a black screen or blue screen with the HP logo, the problem could be with one of the sticks of memory or with one of the memory slots.   

To determine what is causing the failure, try to isolate the problem by:  

• Performing a memory self-test   

• Checking for loose memory modules   

• Testing the memory modules   

• Testing the memory slots  

For more details: Click here (Windows 10-Notebook) 
    For more details: Click here (Windows 8 & 10-Desktop) 

Here's a related HP Forums post for more information that seems to have helped others as well: Click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen -

You saw in the subject line that my computer is a desktop and not a notebook right? It also passed all the diagnostic tests. But, I did as you suggested and removed the memory modules and tried them in all of the different slots. I'm still getting the same result. It's not going to a complete black screen on start up. It does the normal boot, where it will show the BIOS screen first, but then it will go to the HP symbol and say "Starting System Repair", but then just hangs. That's what happens when I don't have any bootable drive attached. When I attach a bootable drive to the USB, it will then cycle back and forth between the HP logo and the Windows logo.

This issue isn't making me very confident in HP products. I must admit that at this point, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

HP Recommended

@CORRUPTMBR 

In that case, Please perform the system restore and check.

Please refer to the below link. to perform the system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.