Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline S5503W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, recently I have been given an HP Pavilion Slimline S5503W that has worked in the past according to the person who gave me it.  When I plug it in (and when I don’t push the power button), the only thing that happens is that near the power supply, there is a solid green light.  When I push the power button, the light disappears and then the power button flashes a light for a split second and then goes away.  On some occasions, near by the DVD drive, it will light up for a split second with the power button and then go away.  Also, when I hold the power button for about 5 seconds the green light shows up again.  Holding it for 10 seconds, will make the green light show up for a few seconds then disappear.  And throughout the entire time, nothing was shown on the display.  Help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's not neccassarly crashing.  It litteraly, doesn't power on, and there is no idication of what it's doing.  There is no BIOS screen being displayed (if it has one) in fact, nothing it displayed and the computer does not show any indication what so ever if it's working (such as, no hard drive noise, no fan noise, etc).  I tried the link and got to here:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb&langu...

The thing is that there is already an LED on the back of the computer near the power supply, indicating that it's the power supply LED.  Like I said earlier, when I plug in the computer, there is a solid green light from the LED.  When I press the power button it goes away and turns off, and then the power button starts a light that lasts for about a split second.  I don't know for sure how long this computer has been working since the first time I got to see it, was the first time I tried to turn it on and found out that it refused to turn on.  And according to the page, it's the motherboard.  By now it's probably too late to get it serviced, since this machine was made in around 2010, and HP doesn't even sell parts for these computers anymore.  Even if they still did service these computers, it would be pretty expensive to fix.  Unless the LED isn't what I think it is, it's probably a lost cause and it's probably not going to fix at all or anytime soon.  Thanks for your help anyway, Barachiel.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vista-HP-User

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer crashes randomly. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:  

Did you try any troubleshooting steps before contacting us? How long are you facing this issue? 

For now please try these steps: Follow this document https://hp.care/2IiKAVJ which will lead you to a guided troubleshooter, which will provide you step by step instructions. By the end of the document I'm sure the issue would be resolved. 🙂  

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂  

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's not neccassarly crashing.  It litteraly, doesn't power on, and there is no idication of what it's doing.  There is no BIOS screen being displayed (if it has one) in fact, nothing it displayed and the computer does not show any indication what so ever if it's working (such as, no hard drive noise, no fan noise, etc).  I tried the link and got to here:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb&langu...

The thing is that there is already an LED on the back of the computer near the power supply, indicating that it's the power supply LED.  Like I said earlier, when I plug in the computer, there is a solid green light from the LED.  When I press the power button it goes away and turns off, and then the power button starts a light that lasts for about a split second.  I don't know for sure how long this computer has been working since the first time I got to see it, was the first time I tried to turn it on and found out that it refused to turn on.  And according to the page, it's the motherboard.  By now it's probably too late to get it serviced, since this machine was made in around 2010, and HP doesn't even sell parts for these computers anymore.  Even if they still did service these computers, it would be pretty expensive to fix.  Unless the LED isn't what I think it is, it's probably a lost cause and it's probably not going to fix at all or anytime soon.  Thanks for your help anyway, Barachiel.

HP Recommended

@Vista-HP-User

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.