Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Z Backpack not turning on from dock when power button pressed.

I have the   HP Z VR Backpack G1 Workstation, 
When I first used the PC, this wasn't a problem.  After some time, the issue became intermittent, but it has now progressed to the point where I cannot boot the PC while it is docked, period.   

I've tried removing all connectors from the docking station (with the exception of the HDMI cable), but makes no difference.  

if I remove the PC from the docking station, I can boot the PC successfuly, after which I can place it back in the docking station and it will run reliably.  

Bryan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 28 239
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Someone else has reported this too.

While I have not personally seen this happen, I have requested support cases be sent up so we can investigate and I have reached out to R&D to see what is happening.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome, thanks for providing the feedback.  Glad to hear someone is taking a look to resolve.  

Bryan

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation