Did you mean: 
Belikerve
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do I fix it

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion
The kids were playing games on it and when I got on the pc it asked me to restart so I did. When it restarted it was the hp logo with the words”attempting to repair pc” after a while it went to a blue screen that said it could not repair pc wit the options shut down or advanced. I’ve tried most of the options including reset and most of them end up in error . What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> witH the options shut down or advanced.

> I’ve tried most of the options including reset and most of them end up in error . What can I do?

Is one of the "advanced" options named "System Restore" ?

Windows Update creates a "checkpoint" before it starts each update.

So, System Restore can "roll-back" your copy of Windows to that "checkpoint" status.

But, if you have tried "reset", and it has failed, you may have a bigger problem.

What you might consider doing:

1. Purchase a new disk-drive
  2. Remove the current disk-drive from your computer, set it aside, and label it
  3. Connect the new disk-drive
  4. Install Windows to the new disk-drive
  5. Run Windows Update
  6. Reconnect the old disk-drive as a "secondary" disk-drive
  7. Try to copy all your Personal Files from "old" to "new"
  8. Install your applications
  9. Done.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation