Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to remove password for windows login on HP TouchSmart 520

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I inheirited a HP Touchsmart 520 from my father. When I turn the power on, it asks me for a password. I know the password, but would like to remove that step to just boot windows. Is that possible? Also I somehow created to profiles, and the default one, I dont know the password, so I have to click on second profile to login. Can I delete them?

Thanks for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,469
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like you really need to start over with a fresh Windows install-System Recovery. Follow the process here:

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&SFS=sdoc&section=ccweb

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Jonbhoy
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. If I do that ill still have to login  to windows with a password right? Id really rather ask if anyone knows a way around the password login. -Can it be removed? Its terribly annoying.

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,469
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Read through the directions here:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3100057/home-tech/how-to-remove-your-login-password-from-windows-10....

To get rid of the additional profiles you created- go to Accounts and see wht options you have.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Jonbhoy
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping out, Ill look through them today.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation