Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently tried to update my bios using the hp website and I installed it and started the setup and everything was fine until I reboot the pc it gives me 8 beeps with red flash light and no screen .(my case is hp 600g1 sff) does anyone know how to fix it please its the only computer I have and I study on it .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

According to the manual the code:

Red Power LED flashes eight times, once every second, followed by a two second pause. Beeps stop after fifth iteration but LEDs continue until problem is solved

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04331099.pdf

page 196

Recommended action:

1. Reflash the system ROM with the latest BIOS image.
2. Replace the system board.

You could try this procedure to restore the BIOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

Okay so how do I Reflash the system ROM with the latest BIOS image with usb ?

HP Recommended

Did you try the method illustrated by the video?  That might repair the corrupted BIOS.

You can also locate the CMOS battery,  remove it, then with the battery still removed and the power cord unplugged, press and hold the power/start button for 30 seconds.  Reinstall the CMOS battery.

Download the latest BIOS for that PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-prodesk-600-g1-small-form-factor-pc/5387447/swItem...

When that has been downloaded, open the file with 7-zip and find the DOS flash folder.  While still in the file with 7-zip, open the DOS folder, then open the README.txt files.  It should read as follows and use a USB flash drive method.

DOS Flash Utility
=================

DOSFlash.exe - Use locally or with a Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
management application (e.g. Altiris eXpress) to update or
restore the System BIOS.

NOTE: A BIOS update may be done using these utilities from a USB hard drive
or a USB flash media device. Copy all the files in this folder to a DOS
bootable medium. Make sure that the device you want to boot from is connected
to the computer to be upgraded and power cycle the computer. When the system
boots to the USB device, the BIOS update may then be performed.
See DOSFlash.txt for syntax.

Files included in this folder:

BIOS image binary file (ex: L01_0270.bin)
DOSFlash.exe
DOSFlash.txt
FlshUefi.cpu
MD5.txt
SHA256.txt
README.TXT (this file)

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes it didn't work for me ,is there any otherwise?

HP Recommended

I edited my post.  Follow this

You can also locate the CMOS battery,  remove it, then with the battery still removed and the power cord unplugged, press and hold the power/start button for 30 seconds.  Reinstall the CMOS battery.

Download the latest BIOS for that PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-prodesk-600-g1-small-form-factor-pc/5387447/swItem...

When that has been downloaded, open the file with 7-zip and find the DOS flash folder.  While still in the file with 7-zip, open the DOS folder, then open the README.txt files.  It should read as follows and use a USB flash drive method.

DOS Flash Utility
=================

DOSFlash.exe - Use locally or with a Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)
management application (e.g. Altiris eXpress) to update or
restore the System BIOS.

NOTE: A BIOS update may be done using these utilities from a USB hard drive
or a USB flash media device. Copy all the files in this folder to a DOS
bootable medium. Make sure that the device you want to boot from is connected
to the computer to be upgraded and power cycle the computer. When the system
boots to the USB device, the BIOS update may then be performed.
See DOSFlash.txt for syntax.

Files included in this folder:

BIOS image binary file (ex: L01_0270.bin)
DOSFlash.exe
DOSFlash.txt
FlshUefi.cpu
MD5.txt
SHA256.txt
README.TXT (this file)

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.