Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My omen computer will not turn on all the way. It has been crashing for a month now unless I have a game open then it’s fine. I shut it down every night I go to bed and the other day it just crashed completely. I have tried everything, going into my bios the screen will load then freeze. Tried different ram and then turns on to load and the freezes. I have taken out my ssd card which as windows on it, then I have downloaded windows on an usb with the ssd card back in to try to reboot to read the usb, front and back of my pc, and it still freezes. Please help. My entire life is on my computer, I checked the warranty too and it’s expired. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Wallflowerrayy 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

It is always good to provide a specific HP Product number to get better assistance.

The data on the PC's storage devices (system drive and other drives used for data) should be intact unless you have catastrophic drive failure. Connect each drive to a different PC as a data drive. Then backup stuff to the host PC or backup to an external USB drive. 

Sadly, you may be in trouble if any drive is unmountable, due to corruption, when connected to a different PC. Data will be lost if Windows is using Device Encryption and you don't have the BitLocker Recovery key. This recovery key may be available using your Microsoft Account.

You probably have a hardware problem or a heat problem if it locks up when you enter the BIOS. It is not possible to isolate what component is in trouble in a Forum.

The PC may freeze doing the following (it seems to freeze when you enter the BIOS) but try the following to see what happens:

Try to check your PC's hardware using HP Diagnostics.

Start the PC. Repeatedly tap the "ESC" key.

Select "F2". Run system and component tests to confirm: a drive problem, a memory problem, or other component problem. Run extensive tests.

Components to look at would be:

- Power supply,

- Any other component connected to the MB or a peripheral connected to the PC,

- MB or CPU.

Finding the bad component may require swapping in , known good, replacement parts.

It may be wise to have a local PC Tech take a look.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.