Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need a recovery key for my HP Tablet

HP Tablet
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have a two year old tablet that has no model number on it. It worked fine up to three months ago when it showed a blue screen. I turned it off an on many times and it finally booted up. Now it won't. It shows an error code and when I try to do a hard start it shows...need recovery key.

There are no other options present and the screen says when I hard boot it with power and Vol + that no other options exist...and too contact the manufacturer.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,418 2,075
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BrokenOldBottle,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows and asking for recovery key.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact HP phone support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went thru the links you suggested and it came up with $59.95 for basic support. I searched for a recovery key but I am at a dead end....any further suggestions...Might the key be printed on the back of the case???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,418 2,075
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BrokenOldBottle,

You need to purchase the recovery media for your computer. When you install the operating system using the recovery media it will not ask you for the product key.

I believe HP will charge you only if they are troubleshooting on the computer. I recommend you contact phone support and let them know that you need the recovery media for your computer.

For more information please refer to the below article.

http://hp.care/2zOdwOO

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation