Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im getting no boot disk on my computer

Hp envy 700-030
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Error: no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,987 9,983 938 2,734
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That error usually indicates the hard drive has failed.  It could be something else, but most likely the hard drive.  You could run the diagnostics from the Esc menu to verify.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - I’m having same problem. A friend has just sent me their old pc for my son. Just wondering what I need to do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,987 9,983 938 2,734
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In this case it could be that the hard drive has been wiped (erased) and the OS is actually gone.  You could ask the friend if the hard drive was erased or run the diagnostics from the Esc menu to verify the hard drive is good and then reinstall Windows or the OS of your choice.  Depending on how old this PC is and just how much you want to know if it will work, but Windows 10 download is free and can be installed and run n trial mode for 30 days.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.

Then try the install.  Just keep in mind that this is just a trial and needs to be activated with a product key.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TheOldMan wrote:

Then try the install.  Just keep in mind that this is just a trial, and needs to be activated with a product key.

When installing, you will be prompted to enter the 25-character product-key.

Instead of entering the key, just click "I do not have one" to make it a "trial" installation.

Note that after the installation completes, Windows will "call home".

If Microsoft finds that Windows 10 was previously installed on this computer, it will silently "activate" to become a "full" installation.

I think that this is a much-better method than the hard-to-read product-key decals stuck to the case of Windows XP/Vista/7 desktops/laptops, years ago.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation