Level 2
14 9 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel ME Firmware to blame?

HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wait a second! I may have just figured out something interesting involing my Pavilion 570-p017c: If it's NOT the recent BIOS version that caused the "random lockups", then it could be the most recent version of the Intel Platform ME Firmware! (ME standing for "Management Engine")

To clarify in the previous two posts, I thought a recent BIOS update on my PC would solve my current random lockup problem. However, to my surprise, it wasn't responsible for that! Only the Intel ME firmware is to blame for all the craziness. Also, when I sent in my PC for BIOS repairs under warranty, the repair guys didn't even look at the Intel ME firmware; I had to throw in a clean image of Windows 10 but didn't update the Intel ME firmware.

SO... please tell me that this is true, and that a NEW firmware update is available for my PC. My help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mistrette1985

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have sent you a private message. 

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 9 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh, no! Never mind. Sorry, but the CPU's the true culprit, not the Management Engine.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation