Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 23-n012 has a boot disk problem. Can I duplicate the disk using a USB Starteck duplicator box?

Beats PC Model 23-n012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 23-n012 BEATS PC fails with a boot disk error - I then get a screen to run disk diagnostics but they cannot be located when I try to run them. I got the suggestion to duplicate the disk and try that. How do I duplicate the hard drive? Can I use a USB disk duplicator box like a:

StarTech.com 6Gbps USB 3.0/eSATA to 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Drive Duplicator Dock (SDOCK2U33RE)

Would that work? Sometimes after many tries the Beats PC will boot up and run, so the disk does work if it can be booted.

Any help would be welcome. I really like my Beats-PC and would like to continue using it, but not if I have to pay hundreds of dollars to ship it to HP for repair.

Thanks, Jack

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My 23-n012 has a boot disk problem. Can I duplicate the disk using a USB Starteck duplicator box?

> I got the suggestion to duplicate the disk and try that. How do I duplicate the hard drive?

Sometimes after many tries the Beats PC will boot up and run, so the disk does work if it can be booted.

Your computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-beats-special-edition-23-n000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/6...

probably does not have any room inside of it to attach an additional disk-drive.

1. Buy a new disk-drive that is physically the size dimensions as the current disk-drive.

2. Buy an external adapter.  One end will connect to the SATA port on the new disk-drive, and the other end connects to a USB port.

3. Connect the adapter.

4. Download "disk-cloning" software.

If the current disk-drive is WESTERN DIGITAL, download free disk-cloning software from their web-site.

If the current disk-drive is SEAGATE, download free disk-cloning software from their web-site.

5. Install the software on a "working" computer.

6. That software has an option to create a bootable CD (or bootable USB memory-stick).

7. Insert this bootable media into your computer.

8. Boot your computer from this media, and choose the "source" and "target" disk-drives.

9. When done, shutdown.

10. Remove the old disk-drive.

11. Connect the new disk-drive.

12. Boot.

Done.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation