Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Z2 Tower G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp Z2 Tower G4. I have tried an Intel AX201 card - M.2, CNVio2, a 2230 form factor - in the machine. My hope was to slide the card in and install the driver from Intel for the AX201 card. But no such luck. Apparently, the computer consistently refuses to boot with this card in the machine.

Why does this happen?

Does the version of the BIOS matter? The current version of my machine is dated July 30 2019. From this support website I can see that there are two newer versions, the latest is from November 5th 2019. Some other fixes in the category "the machine does not boot" have been addressed.

In short, please advice how I get the Z2 Tower G4 to accept the Intel AX201 network module. Apparently, and to my disappointment, it does not work straight away.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The motherboard in your system supports CNVi cards. Your card is a CNVio2. I can't really find anything outlining the differences or compatibility. It's possible I suppose that the mainboard does not support CNVio2. There's no harm in updating the BIOS to the latest version in case it addresses this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.