CompServices
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

New unit overheating Pavilion 595-p0084

HP Recommended
Pavilion 595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a customer with the above model that is roughly 3 months old now. During the initial setup and software installs, I had experienced no problems with the unit. approximately 30 days later my customer advisedme that the unit would simply power off randomly. 

recently I went over and examined the unit. Fans are running and using Speccy the CPU temp is riding aroun 58c. I didn't see any spikes or over all high temp. She sent me pics of a screen shot indicating the system had a thermal event shutdown. Here is a the screen shot...screen shotscreen shot

Searching the net I found nothing about over heating on this unit. 😞

Any ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12
rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 386
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CompServices

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
CompServices
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciate the assitance yet I have heard from no one at HP.  Looks as though my client will now have to contact them directly. 

And FYI the unit continues to randomly shut down on thermal issue!. 

MIke R

0 Kudos
Paul140
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please see my meesage on this subject.   I have the same problem.  What should I do?

0 Kudos
Dnelsonpike
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rick,

EXACT SAME ISSUE.

I’m having the same issue as well. Less than a month of use & my machine ( Pavilion 595-p0084) used for my personal business keeps overheating. The machine is kept on top of a desk in the middle of a cool room with a fan blowing on the back of it at all time. Still no resolution to the problem.

Also, it appears someone (probably HP) is paying to hide Google Results when searching “HP Pavilion 595-p0084 overheating issues” on Google.

Google searches are limited “to redirect consumers back to the most helpful site (ie HP.com)” but this is often done to save the image of a product & resolve matters discreetly without web searches being littered with angry comments about a fault product.

Can you tell me how wide spread this problem is? And how you will resolving this issue?

Thanks!

Paul140
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same PC which was purchased abut two months ago.  During the first month, my problems were like yours.-  the sysetm would periddically shut down from overheating.   Or at least, it thought if was overheating and shut down.  In any case about a month ago I contacted the HP chat service.  They were very professional.  They remotely ran some tests and diagnosed the issue.  

The remedy was to update the BIOS, which they did remotely.  The change was the the BIOS cooling policy.  My computer has been running well now without any more issues.  Overall, I am now very pleased with the performance of this system, as well as the service HP provided to resolve the one issue had.

CompServices
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I posted a wekk or so ago but it appears to missing. 

In short for my client HP sent out a tech and replaced the fan. No BIOS update and now for the past 3 weeks or so she has had no problems. I'm just guessing that this fan is running at a slightly higher RPM providing more cooling. 

Mike R

0 Kudos
Grizzlys2k
Level 7
319 315 30 54
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem on my computer no answer from HP

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
0 Kudos
MikeRUTH
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As of my last post in November once again my clients PC has been OK, in her cse HP did replace the CPU cooling fan and to my knowledge did not update the BIOS. 

0 Kudos
mfleck_us
Level 2
16 12 0 1
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had the same (or similar) issue several times.  I'm not even using the desktop when the error happens, the fan is working, nothing is blocking the vents.  This has got to be an HP defect of some sort.  I have Speccy running and I never see the temps rise about the 35-40 range.  Most definitely not 90.

I have a 590-p0066 desktop

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation