Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running an HP Omen PC 880-p0xx, motherboard ID 8309. On boot the Omen screen comes up, checks and says it needs to upgrade the BIOS. If I select for that it reboots and then reports that opening the BIOS has failed. I have checked the BIOS and it appears to be up to date. I deleted Omen and the same thing happened. I reinstalled Omen, and the same thing happened. What gives?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would remove/disable this update in HP Support Assistant (HPSA).

Check your specific HP PC product site for downloading and installing BIOS updates. Use the motherboard SID 8309 to determine the correct BIOS update.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.