Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(Please help) Playing game made screen go black, computer would keep booting to black screen.

HP OMEN 880-022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So I bought the HP OMEN 880 - 022na and within 10 minutes of Fallout 4 gameplay the screen flashed and went to black. The computer stayed on but the game had definitely stopped as the audio from it stopped, and I heard a windows notification noise in the background but the screen itself was black. The monitor wasn't turned off, it was just the display from the computer was black. a few minutes later, it just said no signal. I tried this on a different monitor, and got the same result. I'd turn off the computer and when I rebooted it, black screen. I fixed it by unplugging it and draining all power from it then replugging. then it booted and the display showed, but I want to know what caused this? I had an alienware desktop that did the exact same thing but not even with fallout, just with booting in general and I'd need to drain its power and reboot. Could this be the wall power outlet in the wall causing the issues?

I don't want to do anything that will void my warranty as I may have to send it back etc. Thanks a lot in advance

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
44 44 6 15
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(Please help) Playing game made screen go black, computer would keep booting to black screen.

Hi @Lornadoone7777, Thank you for posting at HP Forum.

So by the looks of it, seems like Fallout 4 crashed during game play, and you attempted a hard reset to get the computer running again.

Does the happen each time you play the game, or use the computer?

Have you also tried any other game, apart from Fallout 4?

I am an HP Employee.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation